Unplugged by TEDxGateway is back with our 2nd edition.
We believe that brilliant ideas, stories and inspiration are everywhere, just waiting to be discovered. We are building a community first platform for finding great ideas and storytellers here in Mumbai!
The Unplugged Format:
Unplugged is a freestyle attendee driven, idea camp hosted by TEDxGateway, with no set agenda, except finding undiscovered ideas and untold stories! Idea-hop between multiple speaker sessions spread across several stages, throughout the day.
When: Saturday, 20th July 2019 | 8 am
Where: Ecole intuit.lab, Mumbai
What: Informal talks, sessions & open-mic
Apply to Speak or Attend here:
You can apply to speak for a 10 minutes speaker slot or attend someone else’s Unplugged talk at the same venue. The event is open for anyone to participate and share their ideas or listen to other speakers!
Things Attendees/Speaker Need to Know:
- Attendee Entry: 8 am.
- Session timings: 10 am to 5 pm.
- Speakers must be present at the venue 2 hours prior to their time slot. They need to be present in the allotted room 40 minutes prior to their talk.
- Speaker registrations are open and you can register to be a speaker via the form here. (Filling the speaker form DOES NOT confirm you as a speaker).
- You can select the topic for your Unplugged talk from the TED website.
- Attendee Entry: 8 am.
- As a speaker please ensure that your talk is factored in for 10-12 minutes.
- After the 12-minute mark, the content team will ask you to end your session.
- You can always continue talking to interested folks in the common spaces around the venue.
- Video recording of the event or your talk is NOT allowed on a DSLR or any other video camera. However, you are allowed to record talks on a smartphone video camera without a tripod or flash. Any other form of video recording besides a smartphone is not allowed.
- Open Slots:
- Open speaker slots will be available on the 20th of July from 9am-10am on a first come first serve basis.
- Each speaker will be allotted a 10-12-minute time slot. You will not be permitted to exceed your time limit.
- Open slot speakers will not be on our official speaker line-up.
- Open slot speakers will not be allowed to use a presentation.
- Open slot speakers will not get to choose their time slots. These will be allotted on a first come first serve basis.
What to expect?
Expect it to be a great day filled with talks, experiences, performances – packed with genuine inspiration and motivation from the most unexpected people from across India.
This is not a corporate or business event. Attendees are just passionate about ideas, stories, great conversations and of course, most importantly – having a great time! So be prepared for anything and everything – questions, statements, people walking in and out while you speak – there are no set rules. It’s like getting together with a group of friends and having great conversations!
Unplugged by TEDxGateway is a community-led event and there are no fees/honorarium/travel accommodations for being a speaker or for being an attendee.
Unplugged by TEDxGateway is not a platform/ community to talk about/ promote/ advertise or sell your products,
services or any such offerings.
The community has a great sense while judging what is being told to them and if they see an attempt to sell them anything they might choose to leave your session midway.
For example, taking a crash course in how to do social media right is a great idea but talking about your social media company and the services you provide, is not.
Download the Speaker Kit here
For sponsorships and partnerships queries, contact – firstname.lastname@example.org
All attendees and speakers must abide by the following rules and regulations set by the event organisers, venue & allied parties.
I. Important Rules & Regulations: Entry Rules in short.
- Speaker registrations are open till 30th June 2019.
- Attendee registrations are open till 30th of June on first come, first served basis.
- Due to Security Restrictions – Attendees without valid registration (email) and Valid ID Cards will not be allowed to attend any talk.
- Organizers & Related parties hold rights to refuse entry to any attendee if the attendee fails to abide by event guidelines.
- Speaker form has to be filled by the individual speakers only.
- PR and Marketing agencies are not allowed to fill any speaker forms for their clients. If found then the speaker will be disqualified.
- Speaker slots are not available for any commercial partnerships.
- DISCLAIMER: Unplugged by TEDxGateway talks are not official TED, TEDx or TEDxGateway talks. Unplugged is a platform to find prospective speakers for the TEDxGateway event (an independently organized TED event).
- Other important event rules are stated below.
II. Complete Event Rules & Regulations:
By agreeing to the terms and conditions, you also agree to adhere to the following:
- Each ticket/confirmation admits one attendee only.
- All tickets are free of cost.
- Attendees can freely interact with the speakers in the networking areas.
- All registrations are subject to verification, any discrepancy may result in cancellation of registration.
- Registrations start at 8:00 am.
- Entry is only permitted after verifying valid ID Card (Government approved – Passport, Aadhar, PAN)
- Attendees without a valid registration confirmation ticket from Unplugged by TEDxGateway will not be allowed inside the venue.
- No parking at the venue.
- Consumption of any prohibited substances is strictly forbidden.
- Any individual may be asked to leave the venue if there is any behavioural misdemeanour. This decision rests with the venue and conference management, which is final and binding.
- The organizer does not take any responsibility for injuries, loss or theft of any personal belongings of a ticket holder/attendee.
- All standard venue and attendee rules are applicable.
- Holders of any duplicate or forged passes/badges/tickets will be handed over to the security personnel and the tickets will be deemed invalid. Forging passes is a criminal offence.
- By registering you agree that all details provided are accurate.
- Bulk/ Nameless/ Wrong Reference booking or blocking of tickets is not permitted. Registration will be cancelled and made void. No entry will be given to such bookings.
- Failure to comply with guidelines will lead to cancellation of your registration at the discretion of the TEDxGateway team.
- Right of admission reserved.